Friday, January 20, 2012

Yep, it's getting harder.

Like I said, it's getting harder. The newness is wearing off, the cravings are setting in. I made the boys some biscuits this morning (a Samuel fav), and I think I could have eaten the whole package myself. Seriously. And I'm not even a biscuit person.

So, what did I do to cope? I called my mother. I prayed. Then I went to pick up Sam from preschool and with both kiddos in tow (a workout in itself), I went to Best Buy and bought a beginner yoga set and yoga DVD. We came home, the boys took a nap, and I did the "flow" section of the yoga DVD. I'm trying. Really, really, really, hard.

This might sound strange, but when I used to eat carbs, specifically gluten, I felt more "full." I now realize this "fullness" was an uncomfortable full and not what the normal person experiences after eating a meal. That being said, it was my "normal" and what I was used to. Now, as I've finished my supplements and meals, I've been satisfied, but no more. No fullness. The hard part? I actually long for that old "normal" again. Let me rephrase. My brain longs to feel that fullness again. My body is now doing what it's supposed to be doing, and is happier as a result. But my brain hasn't caught up with my body yet.

I'm fighting the good fight, God! Please keep giving me the strength I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment