Saturday, January 21, 2012

A summertime goal

Paul and the kids got take-out lunch today. It wasn't an unhealthy take-out lunch for any of them, it just wasn't a lunch I could eat. The boys were crazy hungry, we were on our way back from picking up the van (I had a minor encounter with our garage on January 11th), and I hadn't had a chance to make them lunch. Take out it was. As I was feeding them a few bites in the car to keep them calm, I was holding this pile of food that could have derailed my entire program. One "nibble" could have sent me spiraling into something major. But....it didn't. Even though I thought about it (and thought about it hard), I resisted. My goals are more important right now. And holy crap....that was hard. I was so hungry and totally could have made a bad decision. But....I didn't. And I'm proud. :)

Watching the Australian Open, I realized a goal I want to reach this summer. I want to get back on the tennis court. I want to be a decent weight so that I can move around the court and feel good about my level of play. I haven't been there for a while. Recently, any time I've gone out and played, I've been half-assing it. I can't run down balls the way I did when I weighed 100 pounds less, and I'm terrified I'm going to jack up my right knee (it's always given me trouble). But get 80 pounds off by the middle of the summer and oh yeah, I'll be ready to get out there competitively again. Eastlake Athletic Club in Elkhart has 3.5-4.0 leagues, even a traveling team. I would kill to be able to do that again.

That's it, settled. When I get this weight off, I'm joining the fall leagues at Eastlake.

No comments:

Post a Comment