Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ironic


I actually created this blog nearly a year ago when I began a weight loss program through my local hospital. It was intended then to chronicle a weight loss journey that should have been complete by now. I attended the program for nearly 6 months and lost close to 40 pounds. I was well on my way to a healthier life. To be honest, I'm not sure why I quit going. I'm not sure why I spent the next 6 months gaining every last ounce of that 40 pounds back. Whatever the reason, I guess it doesn't matter now. What matters is I'm back. With a vengeance. While I can't promise myself (or anyone else, for that matter) that this time will be my LAST time, I can promise myself (and you, dear reader) THIS:

For today only, I'm going to wake up, lean on the Lord, and ask him for the strength I need to get through this day. This hour. This minute. This craving. And when the day is done, I will thank God for guiding me and helping me be the best person I can be--the person that will glorify Him in all things.

So, stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment