Saturday, January 14, 2012

Redirecting my focus

Dinner for Paul and the boys was rough for me tonight. I had intended to eat with them, but they got distracted, I ate my vanilla pudding (the diet supplement), and a half-hour later, I was sitting at the dinner table, no food, watching Paul and the boys munch down on pasta and cheese sticks. Ugh. It was painful. I stopped just sitting idle though, and went and grabbed my Mom 2 Mom book. I closed my eyes and prayed, asking God to give me strength to get through the moment--to stay on task. It wasn't as hard as it will be down the road, but it was my first test and I passed. Thank you, God.

I've also made a decision regarding this go-around at New Directions. I'm not going to weigh myself daily (sometimes hourly--yes, I was a scales junkie) during the week. For some people, weighing in daily is a good strategy. For me, it just tends to frustrate me if the numbers don't go down. I've come to this conclusion. It's my job to work my program, to do it the way I know I can. It's New Directions' job to worry about the stats. Me = program. Them = stats. I like that. Because, let's face it, less to worry about is always a good thing!

GOOD THINGS: Water (100+ oz again), stayed away from temptation, elbow feels better with ibuprofen. Oh, and I think ketosis has arrived! My hunger was much less today!

BAD THINGS: I am freezing cold!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment