Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kicking old habits to the curb

I have this funky upset stomach, lethargy, and "blues" thing going on. I'm pretty sure it's all hormonal and that I probably need to touch bases with my OB/GYN, but whatever. Guess I'll bring it up at my annual.

Anyhow, this funky stomach/lethargy/depression thing has hit me in the middle of the month for the past 3 months now. I honestly think this is where I've gained most of my weight. The worse I feel, the more I don't want to cook at home. The more I don't want to cook at home, the more fast food we eat in the house. Well.....not anymore, damn it. I'm stopping that vicious cycle. I'm tired of taking the easy path by eating food that will only make me feel better for as long as it's it my mouth. As soon as that "food" (and I use that term liberally, because this is FAST FOOD we're talking about here) hits my guts, the "high" I had from it being in my mouth is gone. And I'm tired of having the Scarlett O'Hara "screw it, I'll deal with it tomorrow" attitude. Tomorrow is today. None of us are guaranteed another day on this Earth.

I'm winning these battles with myself right now and it feels good. I just have to keep doing it until new habits are formed! I'm hanging on, I'm powering through. Lord, please, lay your hand upon me. Help me to pull through these moments and be the best person I can be for your glory. Help me to be strong and courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment